August 19-25: Bout of Books starts today~ I wanted to read a lot of books on my shelf, but I badly need to catch up on ARC August so I just combined the two together~ I really want to finish these books so I might not be around much. I hope I can do the challenges, but we’ll have to see~
Sisters in Love by Melissa Foster
- Illuminati: The Book of Life by Elizabeth Alsobrooks
Not Pretty Enough by Jaimie Admans
- Lightpoints by Peter Kassan
- Ignite by Erica Crouch
- Fat Girl Fairy Boy by Carol McConkie
American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin
- Feyland by Anthea Sharp
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Books: Wavecrossed by Andrea Colt (not on the list, but still a book~)
Challenges: Bookish Bucket List and Pairathon
bucket list: After reading 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson, I’ve been wanting to tour Europe, and even the rest of the world. I want to see these places that some books talk about.
I also have this bookish desire to fill a house with books. I want to see them on all the walls and furniture, and of course I want to live in it.
my pairing: pretty much coffee with everything http://instagram.com/p/dM7Ut5i… I chose Cupcake though because I love coffee and sweets. Also, Cyd Charisse, the main character is addicted to coffee and even worked as a barista so I crave coffee when I read about her.
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books: Sisters in Love by Melissa Foster
Challenges: Re-Title It
So this is the book that I will be reading and I haven’t really started reading it, and I’m not so sure what it’s about yet apart from what the synopsis on Goodreads tells me, which I think makes this book action-packed. It feels like Indiana Jones or something like that. I’m not really sure how to re-title it. Maybe from Illuminati: The Book of Life, we can just call it Illuminati?
I’m bad at this, I know. On the left is the original cover. On the right is the cover that I pieced together. (image sources: Photo Dictionary and People Clip Art)
Number of books I’ve read today: 15% of Illuminati (can’t seem to get into it)
Total number of books I’ve read: 2.15
Books: Illuminati: The Book of Life by Elizabeth Alsobrooks
Challenges: TBR Pile and Spine Poetry
TBR Pile Challenge: 368
1. Which 5 books are at the top of your TBR pile at this moment?
Not including the readathon books, I think they would have to be Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Legend by Marie Lu, For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund, and Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I plan to read all of these in September after Bout of Books and ARC August. 😀
2. If I gave you a wad of cash and sent you into a bookshop right now, which 5 books would you buy to add to the stack?
If I were given a wad of cash, I would definitely buy A Million Suns and Shades of Earth by Beth Revis, The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar, Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian, and The Distance Between Us by Kasie West (
even though it’s not available in our country, I want it).
I’ve been doing a lot of dark or tragic book spine poems because most of my books have titles that lean toward those kinds of poems. But for this readathon, I wanted to try something different. I wanted to go with a genre that I love – Romance or Chick Lit. So here goes nothing~ I wanted to do something better than this but I was too lazy to dig up the rest of the books to complete this poem.
It’s Kind of A Funny Story
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Perchance to Dream
As You Wish
The Future of Us
Teen Angst? Naaah…
This Is What Happy Looks Like
Number of books I’ve read today: 1 + 11% of Illuminati
Total number of books I’ve read: 3.26
Books: Not Pretty Enough by Jaimie Admans
Challenges: Book Road Trip and I Spy
Book Road Trip – 10 places I want to visit because of books~
- EUROPE! (England, Scotland, Italy, France, Netherlands, Denmark, Greece) – 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. [I think this is the ultimate trip of all time. I want to live this life!]
- Paris, France – Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins [The food! The sights!]
- Japan – Ink by Amanda Sun and Train Man by Hitori Nakano [Cherry Blossoms! Akihabara! Pretty Sights! Good food~]
- England – The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith, Shades of London Series by Maureen Johnson [Whether for just a visit or whether I stay in boarding school, I want to be in England~] Also, HOGWARTS! Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling [I want to go to the Studio Tour!]
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky [I want to experience that moment in the tunnel!]
- New York, New York – Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist, as well as Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, both by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan [I want to go around the city~ I want to go to the bookstore in DaLBoD!] Also, The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger [The fashion scene~]
- Tasmania, Australia – Saving Wishes by G.J. Walker-Smith [I just want to see the pretty sights]
- Seville, Spain – The Orange Girl by Jostein Gardner [It’s seems like such a magical and romantic place~]
- Troy, Turkey – The Iliad by Homer [I haven’t actually read the book, but my history teacher discussed about it and showed pictures of the place and I definitely want to see it. Although I think it’s not that safe. Who knows~ But I definitely want to see!]
- Chicago, Illinois – Divergent by Veronica Roth and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan [The Bean~ I don’t know why. Haha!]
I Spy… (on a book cover)
- Snowflakes – Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle
- Flames – Crash by Lisa McMann
- A city skyline – Divergent by Veronica Roth
- The moon – Great Book of Amber by Roger Zelazny
- A sword – The Ironwood Tree by Holly Black and Tony Diterlizzi
- A wedding dress – So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev
- High heels – Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Fog – The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
A Christmas tree – Sorry. Can’t find one~
- Sunglasses – Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
- Lightening?? Lightning? Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram
- A tattoo – Dead Sexy Dragon by Lolita Lopez
- Combat boots – Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn
- Hand-cuffs – Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
- A road – It’s Kind of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
Number of books I’ve read today: 1 +1% of Illuminati
Total number of books I’ve read: 4.27
Books: American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin
Challenges: Bookish Mad Libs
A. Place (from a book title) – The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket
B. Fave Villain (from a book – list title/series) – Warner from the Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi
C. Adjective (from a book title) – Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris
D. Number (from a book title) – 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
E. Noun (from a book title) – Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
F. Fave Hero/Heroine you wouldn’t mind spending a LOT of time with (from a book – list title/series) – Vane Weston from Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
G. Dessert (from a book title) – Cupcake by Rachel Cohn
And now to fill in the template~ I find it really funny.
Help! I’m being held captive at The Hostile Hospital, by Warner!
It is very Unbreakable here!
He is demanding 13 Attachments to set me free!
I have just discovered that Vane Weston was captured too!
On second thought, please send Cupcake(s), and don’t worry if you don’t hear from us for awhile!
P.S. I will never want to leave with Warner and Vane with me~
Number of books I’ve read today: 24% of Ignite by Erica Crouch
Total number of books I’ve read: 4.51
Challenges: Bookish Wishes and Acrostic Book Poem
Bookish Wishes: Question 1: If you could be like any character from a fictional book, who would it be? What do you like about them?Tell me why!
- I want to be Chloe Branson from American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin because she was able to spend three weeks in lockdown with such swoon-worthy guys. And her life seems wonderful despite certain people being awful to her.
Acrostic Book Poem
Water is where they belong
A family is what they need
Vengeance is what they desire
Empathy is greatly misplaced by
Captors who think they are doing good
Release is what they really long for
Overcoming those who bound them
Siblings must do their best
Sealskins they must keep and retrieve
Every wrong move will matter
Determination will set them free