I hope no one minds, but I’m doing these all in one post. I received these nominations throughout the week. The lovely Jessylyn at booksoverflower and Ner at A Cup of Coffee and a Book nominated me for the Liebster Award~ And the wonderful people at Book Gossips (Nicole, Debby, Kelly, and Laura) nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much!
The Liebster Award is basically for showing off all the awesome bloggers out there who don’t have a lot of followers yet.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Link back the blogger that tagged you
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
- If given the chance to rewrite an ending to any book, what book would it be? I think I would rewrite the ending of Requiem by Lauren Oliver. *SPOILER ALERT*
I want Lena and Alex to end up together~*END OF SPOILER*
- Where is your favorite place to read? I love reading on my bed, but I also read wherever I can.
- What book do you avoid reading like the plague? Horror books. I am one big scaredy cat.
- Cats or dogs? I am very much afraid of animals. See? Scaredy cat. I think I would choose dog. I like puppies. But when they grow up then I will steer clear of them.
- Everyone wants to ride in style. What kind of fictional transportation do you want to cruise in? A Nimbus 2000. Just kidding. I’ll probably fall of that thing. I’m actually not sure, but I want something that can teleport me so that I would never be late.
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve used as a bookmark? I think my bookmarks are pretty normal. But I did use a Queen of Hearts card. I also use my phone sometimes when people rush me.
- Tea or coffee? Coffee. I love coffee. But I REALLY love TWG’s Creme Caramel
- What advice would you give to a new book blogger? I don’t think I would have any good advice since I’m just starting too. Although I think it’s important to just be yourself, and don’t let others pressure you. This is your own thing so do what you want.
- Do you like book memes? Why or why not? Uhmmm. What book memes? I’m not really sure what these are. Sorry! But I don’t think I’ve ever used one.
- It’s the end of the world and all of mankind has been wiped out! The last living survivors are you and a fictional character. Who would you want that character to be and why? Just one? This is hard! I think I’d go for Perry from Under the Never Sky so that he can take care of all the survival things – food, shelter, etc. I know nothing and just probably die out there.
- Why did you create your blog? I created it mostly because I wanted to talk about books, and I don’t really have friends or family who would talk to me about it because they’re not that much interested. Sadly. I guess it’s my outlet for my thoughts.
- Does the name of your blog have a deeper meaning? Deeper meaning? I don’t really think so. It’s quite simple really. I love books, and I’m always wearing boots~ Haha. I also chose “Always Lost in Books” because.. well.. I’m always lost in books. I either keep on reading or keep on thinking about them even when I’m with others or doing other things.
- If you could re-name your blog, would you do it? If so, which name and why? I think I would change it to Bookhoarder in Boots because I keep on hoarding books that I have yet to read~
- Does your family and friends know about your blog? My brothers know about my blog and a couple of my close friends. My posts go up on my private Facebook account so I assume others know about it too.
- If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be? Europe or America. They have the best selection of books~
- If you could meet anyone famous (alive or dead), who would it be? I’m not really sure this is a good idea. I would probably just stay silent and steal some glances at any famous person. Haha! But I would want to meet a lot of authors that I love. I’ve never met one even though some of them come to our country.
- Any culture out there you’d like to know better? Hmmm. I’m very much interested to learn more about Western culture really. Well, it’s so far away form home. Actually, I’d love to learn a lot of cultures. My sociology, anthropology, and cross-cultural classes were very interesting.
- Do you speak another language? If so, which? If not, which language would you like to learn? I want to learn a LOT of languages but have never really taken the initiative to do so. I did take very basic French and Japanese classes though. Je m’apelle Francine. Watashi wa Francine desu. Haha!
- First book you remember reading? I’m not really sure because it was such a LONG time ago, but it’s either a fairy tale book or a Bible story book. Those were the only kind my parents bought us and I think I loved reading them, especially the interactive pop-up books. Those were fun~
- First movie you saw on the cinema? I have no idea. I was a baby~ It’s probably some cartoon though because it sounds like something my parents would bring us to.
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 things about me: (I’m not sure if these are interesting)
- I have 3 brothers who barely read. They’re always engrossed in computer games or on the internet so I get pretty lonely, and I end up getting lost in books. Reading and keeping myself busy makes me happy~
- If it’s not so obvious yet, I love love love boots. They’re my favorite kind of footwear even though we live in a tropical country. A lot of people ask me if it gets too hot. Sometimes it does, but I love wearing them. My boots are comfortable and pretty~ I’m not obsessed though. I just have a couple of sensible pairs. Although I have 6 or 7 black ones, I think. I also have red ones and gray ones and brown ones. The only time I won’t wear them would probably be for going to beaches or some place that would require me to run, hike, etc.
- I am a very petite 20-year-old. I’m at around 5-feet high with around 20-to-22-inch waistline (depending how much I eat in a week). People mistake me for an elementary student or a high school student even though I’m in elementary. I look younger than my age. I shop at the children’s section. I wear pajama bottoms that come up to my shins because they’re more or less 10 years old.
- I am a self-sufficient book hoarder. I should probably change my name to Bookhoarder in Boots. I love shopping for books, but my parents don’t really car much for it so I save up my money – I don’t buy food/drinks at school. I’m also working now so I make more cash. I got more than a hundred books that I all worked hard for. I also keep on buying even though I still have lots to read. I even hoard free ebooks on Amazon. I should probably be stopped. Maybe. Not really. *shifty eyes*
- I’m afraid to lend out my books because others may not take care of them, and as I said in #3, I worked hard for them. The silly thing is that I do harm to my own books. But at least I know I’m the one who did it to them. Memories~ (What.) I bend book spines and highlight so much in my books (scenes I like, lines I like, character descriptions, clothing descriptions.) Some of my books have so much highlights (i.e. Splintered by A.G. Howard) I also have this compulsion to highlight/mark/underline typos in books. I find those a lot in ebooks, but I’m more surprised when I find some in print copies.
- I only read the books and saw all of the movies of Harry Potter this year. I think I already talked about this a little before. My parents used to believe those crazy talks about it being real witchcraft or whatever. They wouldn’t allow us to read the books or see the movies. They relented during the last movie though because my mom had to organize a film showing event for it. So I saw the first and eighth movies first before I actually read the books and saw the rest of the movies. The whole time I was watching the eighth movie, I kept on asking what exactly is happening. It’s so sad, I know. P.S. I love Snape.
- I’m really bad at socializing. I’ve opened up a little ever since I started attending my university, but I think I’m still awful at it. I attended a self-study school from prep to high school where my classmates were my brothers, cousins, family friends, church friends, etc. Basically I already know most of the people my whole life and I never needed to try and make friends or whatever. And since our classes weren’t interactive, I never really developed the knack to speak much either. I feel so awkward talking to all the awesome bloggers and authors because I feel like I can’t really say much or I would say the wrong things. I’m so thankful to those people who are so accepting.
P.S. Ironically, for such an introverted person, I type so much on my blog.
That’s all~ If you read all that then wow. Thank you. 🙂
My Nominations: (A lot of you have probably received these awards already. Also, I kept to WordPress so that they can easily see the nominations, and they’re mostly the ones I religiously follow to like and comment because they easily show up on my reader. I didn’t get enough though)
Versatile Blogger Award: (in no particular order)
- In Libris Veritas
- Books for a Delicate Eternity
- Andi’s ABCs: Accessories, Books, Clothes
- Books Forget Me Knot
- Kelsey’s Cluttered Bookshelf
- The Day Dreaming, Candy Eating, Red Headed Bookworm
- The Polished Page-Turner
- The Perks of Being a Bookworm
- Flip That Page
- Anahera Reads
- Books, Etc.
- The Talking (Blogging) Bookworm
Liebster Award: (in no particular order)
- Books Keep Me Sane
- Beanbag Diaries
- Belle of the Library
- Bookish Notions
- Books and Cake
- Books Are My Bling
- Cotten Book Reviews
- Featherbrained Books
- Euphoria in Thick Pages
- George’s Books and Bits
- Lisa Likes Books
- Miss Book Reviews
- Nic’s bookshelf
- The Girl Who Keeps Reading
- YA’s the Word by Katja
- YA Book Reviews
Questions for the Liebster Award:
- What is your blogging process? How do you organize all your thoughts and ideas? And how do you fit in time for blogging in your schedule?
- What is your reviewing process?
- When and how did you start blogging?
- What is/are your favorite genre/s?
- Do you eat or drink when you read? If so, what are your favorites?
- How much time do you spend in a bookstore when you visit one?
- Have you met any wonderful authors? If so, who?
- How did you develop your love for reading? Who showed you your first book?
- Have you ever played Harvest Moon? If not, why not?! If so, who did/would you give your blue feather to? (This is just me being silly)
- Have you or would you cosplay any of your favorite book characters?
- Bonus Question: Do you love reading or do you love reading? Haha