Building with Books: Building my dream house of books one book (or more) at a time~
I swear I wasn’t supposed to spend for a while but things happened so I’m pretty much broke again. I might squeeze some of this in my September reading list if I feel like it. I also have a new baby~
Spendy – These are really expensive paperbacks, They’re around $13-$14 each. They’re pretty thin too. But that’s the price one has to pay to get a physical book sometimes~ At least I got a little extra from the author. I got my copies directly from her. I was actually surprised she was a Filipino. And she signed my copies and also included a bookmark and bookplate. And to my surprise, she even added a little notebook. Perfect for writing down my thoughts~ Thanks so much to Kate Evangelista~
Sale – A local bookstore offered books at 70% discounts so yes, I spent some more~ I originally only intended to get two books, but I kept looking and looking and found some pretty good ones.
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman – This one was an impulse buy because it was less than $2. I haven’t read it yet, but I saw the movie when it came out years ago.
- Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr – This is the 4th book in the Wicked Lovely series and I do not have book 2 or 3 yet, but I guess those can follow. I can’t pass up the cheap copy.
- Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr – This is the 5th book in the series. See #2.
- Red Glove by Holly Black – I was having second thoughts about buying this because it didn’t match the edition of my first book, but it was hardbound, and I love hardbound books. This was at around $4 or less too.
- Viola in the Spotlight by Adriana Trigiani – This was actually a random buy. This is in Hardbound and it cost around $4 or less, and the synopsis looked interesting. But stupid little me. I didn’t check, and I just found out now that this is a second book to a series. I guess I’ll just have to look for the first book first~
Secondhand – I saw someone selling these in our university book market Facebook group, and I just had to snag it. Around $22 for the whole The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott. All 6 books~ 2 of them are hardbound. I don’t really know what this is about, but my younger brother is very interested in it so being the good sister that I am, I bought them.
(I’m not really a good sister. :P) They just look pretty~
Snailmail – I LOVE mail~ Mailtiiiiime~
(I was a Blue’s Clues kid) I got these wonderful stuff from Jessica @ Literary, Etc. for winning during the Free eReadathon weeks ago~ And unexpectedly, Nikki Jefford also sent me some swag, and I just adore the bookmark for her book, Entangled. It’s so pretty it makes me want a physical copy.
Slab – This baby was on sale for around $22 only! When mum checked on the internet, it was normally priced at $260 so I think it was a really good deal. It’s not an iPad or Galaxy Tab or Kindle or Kobo or whatever famous tablets are out there, but it’s cheap and functional so I’m so excited to have it. It beats reading on my teeny tiny phone~ This is Andytech Rapids. According to mum, it’s originally from Australia. I don’t really know. What’s important to me is that it’s Android Gingerbread and has decent memory for me to load up all my books into it and use the internet and whatever. So yes, I am happy.
That’s all for this week~ Remember to check out our month-long giveaway. 😀