I would like to thank Sandra @ Sandra’s World of Books for the Liebster Award and Sophie @ Paper Breathers for the One Lovely Blog Award. I would just like to say that Sophie sent me one of the sweetest emails ever! I have received the Liebster Award a couple of times before and have nominated a lot of blogs so I won’t be doing that anymore. Or I can just nominate all you lovely bloggers out there who have supported my blog. If you want to join in the fun, just link me to your posts. 😛
Anyway, for the LIEBSTER AWARD, I’m supposed to answer Sandra’s Questions so here I go:
1. Do you write stories/fanfiction?
- I WISH! No, seriously. I do wish had the talent to write stories. I don’t think I’ve had enough conversations with people to fuel up my dialogue sadly. I’d love to learn how to write though. I know some authors say that you just have to write, but I’m not sure that works for me.
2. How many books do you plan to read in 2014?
- Well, I set my Goodreads challenge to 100 so I guess that much. Although last year, I also set it to 100 and kept on raising the number and I ended up reading 250. I’ve been really busy lately though so I’m not really sure if I’ll have enough time to actually read hundreds of books.
3. Who is your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Ugh. This question is too difficult! I have too many book boyfriends. I’m a player. Just kidding. But it’s seriously too hard to choose. But the first ones I met (like years before, and still love) include Etienne St. Claire (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins) and Alex Sheathes (Delirium series by Lauren Oliver). One of the most recent ones I feel oh so strongly for – Morpheus (Splintered series by A.G. Howard).
4. Do you prefer Apple of Windows?
- Apple. Says the person typing this blog post on a Windows laptop. 😛 But I’ve been dependent on Apple computers for more or less 10 years now. It’s just sooo easy to use. I swear. I only use Windows now because it’s the only one capable to handle the programs I need for work. But if I had a choice, I will always use Apple.
5. What’s the most anticipated book on your TBR list?
- I’m not really sure how to answer this question. Anticipated how? To read? To buy? Right now, my most anticipated to read from the books I own is Enders by Lissa Price. I, however, anticipate the release of Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
6. What’s your favorite book at the moment?
- Another VERY difficult question. Why do you do this to me Sandra? Well, the last one is definitely Unhinged by A.G. Howard. Oh my gosh. This book! I love this book so much.
7. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- I’m a very timid person so I’m not really sure how to answer this one. What does one consider crazy? Is buying 50+ books in one month crazy enough? Is accidentally stripping in front of a room full of people crazy enough? (Note: Accidentally. I was modelling for a fashion show and the changing room was too little for all the models and I didn’t know I was showing :P) Is trying to fit myself in a bag when I was in university crazy enough? (I have pictures) Oh! My favorite HS memory. Holding a water gun fight during camp. This is a big thing because I studied in a VERY conservative school. Not sure if those answers are good enough, but this is getting too long. 😛
8. What’s your favorite food?
- DESSERTS! Cakes, Cupcakes, Pie, Ice Cream, Cookies, Pudding, Flan, Pastries, Macaroons, etc. I love sweets. I love baking them and then eating them. I love getting them from all the wonderful bakeshops and restaurants. Desserts are the way to my heart. (And books of course) For savory food, I love Baby Back Ribs. Although that tends to be a little sweet sometimes. But those with the perfect sauce and tenderness are just MMMMMMM… I’m hungry now.
9. What’s your favorite website? (besides your own obviously.)
- Haha! My website is definitely not my favorite. I’m not sure about this one. I don’t really browse the internet so much. In terms of reading reviews, I love In Libris Veritas. She gets me interested in books I never knew about or didn’t care about before. In terms of discussions, I love Books for a Delicate Eternity. She’s a fun and awesome person to talk to. Oh, and for some free Amazon downloads or deals, I go to Feed Your Reader.
10. Who’s your favorite character in your favorite book?
- I think I already answered this question above, but I shall repeat it anyway. MORPHEUS!
For the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD, I’m supposed to list 7 things about myself. Since it’s pretty obvious that I love books and all that, I’ll keep this list free of bookish facts. Let’s make this about me, shall we?
- I dream of working in the fashion industry. I love dressing up, and I get complimented for it a lot. So I guess I have a pretty good sense of style. I’m not really sure. I’ve been (badly) designing clothes ever since I was little where I would design clothes for the the Power Puff Girls. I work with normal figures now though. But my illustration skills aren’t that great. I’m practicing though. I plan to get a degree in Clothing Tech in the future.
- I love love love eating, but I never get fat. I swear I’m so tiny I shop for pants in the kids section. People think I’m short because I’m thin and then they get surprised when I’m taller than other people. It’s not even funny. (Yeah. Yeah. 5 feet isn’t tall. Shut up! :P) If I were taller, I’d gladly work as a model. Anyway, back to eating, I don’t eat a lot of healthy food. I like meat and fast food and junk food. Not healthy at all. But they’re so delicious! Sometimes when books mention food, I get hungry easily. Sometimes just seeing pictures of food makes me hungry. Talking about this is making me hungry.
- I want to travel the world! I think some people already know this. To be more specific, I want to go to America, Canada, ALL OVER Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Turkey (just for Troy).
- I’m afraid of drowning; hence, I never learned how to swim. I should probably learn how though. But when my friends try to teach me, I panic when they take me to deep waters. I think I developed this fear when I was very little and this big kid almost drowned me. He was so big and heavy that he pushed me into the water even though I had a floating tube on me. I want to get past this, but I’m not really sure how.
- I’m 20. Turning 21 on June 11, 2014. It’s making me feel old.
- I really really love chick flicks (and chick lit). I don’t care what people say. Maybe I’m extra girly to make up for all the testosterone in the household. 😛 I love all those cheesy romances, even when they’re all so cliche. Of course, quality is still important. But give me all the good RomComs and I’ll be happy.
- I love Friends, the TV Series. My parents loved that TV series so much that they own all 10 seasons in VHS, VCD, and DVD. So naturally I’d see all of it too. Although my brothers and I weren’t allowed to watch some episodes when we were younger, we were able to see everything once we were in high school onward. I used to be an expert on the seasons and episodes. (i.e. family wants to watch a certain episode, I can pinpoint the season and then point out the episode they’re looking for) I haven’t watched it in a long time though so my memory’s not as sharp anymore.
If you read all that, I thank you kindly. But if you didn’t, I totally understand. XD