My Reading Habits
1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I mostly read on my bed. Sometimes my brother’s bed. Sometimes in the dining room while eating.
2) Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark. I actually put my free swag into good use. 😛 occasionally a random piece of paper or random object works when I’m being rushed to close my book. The nerve of some people. Haha!
3) Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain amount of pages?
I like to end in a chapter. Always. Sometimes I get badly interrupted though. Again, people please. XD
4) Do you eat or drink whilst reading?
YES! See number one. Also, coffee, chocolate, cake, chips, etc etc etc. I’m always hungry.
5) Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
Nope. Never. I can’t concentrate. Noise distracts me. And i tune them out once i’m so engrossed in a book anyway.
6) One book at a time or several at once?
I prefer one book a time. I tend to mix up characters and storylines or whatnot. But I’ve been able to read several at once too.
7) Reading at home or everywhere?
I like reading at home where my comfy bed is. But I can read at other places too as long as nothing would distract me.
8) Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. Always. I’m naturally a quiet person. Although I tend to laugh out loud and people would look at me like I’m crazy. 😛
9) Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Only if I absolutely hate the book and can’t stand it that I’ve given up. Otherwise, no no no. Although I do check the page number on the last page.
10) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I purposefully broke the spine of my paperback of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Wait wait! Let me explain! Haha! I got books 1-6 secondhand and weathered. They looked really old. And my book 7 didn’t match up. So I cracked the spine. Is that crazy? XD they’re gone now though as I traded up for hardcovers. Other than that, I don’t really crack many spines. If any, they’re by accident.
11) Do you write in your books?
Highlighting counts, right? Because I have lots of those. So much that I feel shy lending out my books because they come in different colors sometimes too. Haha! I also wrote my name in some. But I don’t think I’ve ever written down notes or whatnot.
I am tagging:
- Sandra @ Sandra’s World of Books
- Valeria @ A Touch of Book Madness
- Dre @ Sporadic Reads
- Ella @ The Filipina Booknote
- Faye, Aimee, and Rashika @ The Social Potato
- Amir @ The Not-So-Literary Heiresses
- Jules @ Jule’s Bookshelf
- Olivia @ bookcomet
- Kelly @ Diva Book Nerd
- and anyone else who wants to do this. 😛
What happened to Liebster???
Seriously, I’ve answered it so many times, and I’m quite surprised by this one that Valeria @ A Touch of Book Madness tagged me in. It changed so much!
- List 10 Facts about yourself;
- Answer the questions put forward by whoever nominated you;
- Ask 10 new questions to 5-10 bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin’ (or their preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you;
- Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated!
As far as I remember, there were only questions before. It’s my first time encountering Liebster that tells you to give 10 facts about yourself. So I’m not doing that anymore. Although I don’t think I can do Valeria’s questions either. I don’t have answers for most of them. Seriously, I don’t know how to answer most. See the following:
- What are you afraid of?
- What’s the funniest book you’ve ever read?
- What’s your greatest talent?
- Your secret obsession? (That you’re comfortable sharing)
- Favourite word?
- If you were a book, what kind of book would you be?
- What’s the latest book you read?
- Would you rather write a book or have a book written about you?
- If you could live in a book what would it be and why?
- Do you think music is related to books? How?
- Favourite quote?
And because I don’t know how to answer them, I’m passing them along to everyone else. (insert evil laugh) Yes, all of you who read this must now answer this! Well, not really because I can’t force you. Haha! But if you do answer the questions, then please do leave a comment below because I’d love to read them.